Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Next Cycle of Chemo

I was supposed to start the next cycle of Chemo on Monday, two days ago, but unfortunately it did not happen. My white blood cell count was too low so I needed an injection of medicine to get the count up. I was told that the common side effect of this drug is that your bones ache. This sounded quite odd to me until I had a sudden pain Monday afternoon that felt like I had thrown my back out! After thinking very hard to come up with what I might of done it dawned on me that this was the side effect. No worries!

The white cells were up sufficiently on Tuesday to start the normal treatment. So we had the marathon first day session yesterday and got home around 7:00. While we were gone Aunt Shannon and Uncle Devin, along with partners Ellana and Ben respectively, took part in a gingerbread house making contest. Bennett got a better offer part way through the contest and went to play with his buddy across the street. Needless to say the work suffered and Shannon and Ellana were declared the unanimous winners.

Thanks to Aunt Shannon and Uncle Devin for coming in to help out!

Here is a picture from Chemo (just getting a little work done):

If you can not tell I do have a nice Sun King Brewing stocking hat on, thanks to my friend Mike for keeping my bald head warm.

I did have a little nausea last night but I did not let that stop me from having Taco Tuesday when we got home. Right now I am sitting here getting my second chemo treatment of the second cycle. Feeling great right now, just a little tired. One more treatment to go tomorrow.

Hope you are well and I will talk to you soon.

2 comments:

  1. Looking good Morse!!!

    I can imagine working while getting Chemo could be very advantageous for a sales guy.....this is how I foresee it would happen.......

    Jason: Hello Mr. Customer. I would like to talk with you today about buying some of our product. How are you today?

    Customer: I am very busy today and do not have time to talk to you....(in a very disgruntled voice)...

    Jason: I am sorry to hear you are having a bad day. My day is not going that well either as I am getting Chemotherapy as we speak.

    Customer: (After a long pause and the guilt is fully settled in)....I have changed my mind and would like to talk with you today.........

    Jason: Great! I am glad you changed your mind. How many PO's would you like to place today?..........

    I think you should try it!!!

    Stay strong my friend and we look forward to seeing you guys in January!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, you might get this comment twice.

    Stop working, rest. you need to relax, work a puzzle, sleep, read something. The white cell booster shot sucks!

    But if you insist on working call my customers!!! jk

    If you need anything let me know.

    Take care

    Amy Bagnoche

    ReplyDelete