Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Scan Number 2

The results from my scan were positive. The tumors have all shrunk, but are still present, and there are no signs of it spreading beyond the right lung.

Now I am on the clinical trial drug (Yervoy) exclusively, without the chemo. I had a dose of it on Wednesday, Feb. 19th and will have the next dose on March 12th. After that I will be in the Maintenance Phase of the trial. This will involve getting the Yervoy every 9-12 weeks, as long as I continue to respond.

I am also planning on having radiation in the middle of April as a preventative against the cancer spreading to my brain.

The only negative thing to come out of the scan is that I am developing Pneumonitis. This is an inflammation of the lungs. It is seen as a side effect of Yervoy in less than 1% of people taking it. Yippee for being special!!! I am being treated with Steroids for this and will have another scan on 2/27 to see how the Pneumonitis is responding.

All in all I feel great and am able to go about life like I did before I was diagnosed. Looking forward to the weather getting better so we can get outside! Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment